In addition to the old courthouse museum, White County has many other historical sites. Around the Cleveland square there are several buildings that date back to the early 1900s. A brochure available at the museum provides a history of the square and is titled “A Look at Historic Downtown Cleveland, Georgia”. Just one block off the north side of the square the old jail houses the White County Chamber of Commerce, also on the National Register of Historic Places. To the east is Cleveland Historic Cemetery 1866 and the Telford-Kenimer historic home on the northeast side.
Other places of interest include four religious camp meeting sites, first gold discovery site, Sautee-Nacoochee Indian mound, Crescent Hill Church, Kellum Valley, Unicoi State park, Smithgall Woods historic site, Hardman farm, home of Meaders pottery site.