#
#
#
#

The White County Historical Society was chartered in 1965 with a 12-member Board of Directors. The Society membership was composed of educators and retired educators with a leveling of local business people. This small group leased the Historic Courthouse from the White County Board of Commissioners to preserve the historic building as a White County Museum. The membership was able to raise $ 200, 000 (in 1965 dollars) and was able to complete a historically-accurate renovation of the building within three years. The Historic Courthouse is both a Museum and a Research Library on White County.

Monthly meetings with interesting programs are open to the public, as is membership. The Society sponsors several events throughout the year including “Pottery Comes to Town”, recognition of veterans, hosting reunions of past manufacturing companies and participating in events hosted by various groups.


White County Historical Society,
P. O. Box 1139,
Cleveland, GA 30528
Phone: 706-865-3225

E-Mail: wchsga@outlook.com